COSMIC PAH DESCRIPTION
The primary objective of the Cosmic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) portal is to ease access to molecular data in order to:
- Identify these species in astrophysical environments and in extraterrestrial samples.
- Understand their formation pathways and their link with related molecular species such as carbon clusters and fullerenes.
- Model their evolution in astrophysical environments and their impact on the physical and chemical conditions.
The portal gathers links to:
- Molecular databases developed by the team, both theoretical and experimental.
- Databases of modeled spectra in astrophysical environments.
- Tools to analyze in a consistent way spectra from experiments. theoretical calculations, and astrophysical observations.
- Tools to model spectra in astrophysical environments using experimental and theoretical data.